WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [tool] Webstretch - open source web toolkit

From: Rogan Dawes <discard () dawes za net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:44:11 +0200

Max wrote:

Yabut...

WebScarab is unstable. It often freezes on my machine.

Bug reports are welcome. I can't fix what I don't know about. WebScarab is pretty stable in my usage scenarios . . .

WebStrech does not seem to intercept both way communication (from what I tried an hour or so ago); it does not allow you to modify responses... and that's a must.

Agreed.

Personally, I do a lot of App Pen tests and highly prefer Paros. It's stable like rock, very easy to use, great for mapping a web site hierarchy and even has a nice scanner.

Cheers,

--
M@x

Thanks for the comments. Some detailed bug reports would be very helpful.

Rogan
--
Rogan Dawes

*ALL* messages to discard () dawes za net will be dropped, and added
to my blacklist. Please respond to "lists AT dawes DOT za DOT net"