WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SQL Injection data retrieving??

From: nummish <nummish () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:10:31 -0400

The problem you're encountering is because you're trying to convert
multiple records with multiple fields to a single int datatype.

think of the data you're pulling out in a format such as:

x1,y1,z1
x2,y2,z2
x3,y3,z3

You'd have more success pulling one row at a time (Using the TOP 1
syntax you were using on the tables) and pulling one field at a time
(you'll need to know the field name, from syscolumns)

From here you can proceed to convert, unless it's an integer.. at
which point it won't throw the same error, because the conversion will
succeed.

You might be better off if you can inject a stored proc to concatenate
the fields for you (and save some time)

This is all covered in Chris Anley's paper:
http://www.nextgenss.com/papers/advanced_sql_injection.pdf

-nummish