WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Scams

From: Don Voss <voss () albany edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:15:49 -0400

Lawrence, Michael wrote:
Who other then the local autorities, does someone report a e-mail scam? I have received two now claiming to be from E-bay. The funny thing is I do not use e-bay at work, nor do I use my work e-mail for it. (which is where it was sent). The scam asks for all the information required for identity theft. (sin number, bank acount info, credit card info, e-bay information). Any input would be great. This e-mail has appeared in a couple of co-worker's inboxes.

Mike

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

--

Donald W. Voss                              voss () albany edu
Sr.Systems Analyst

It is not news, it is entertainment.