WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: searching any possible pre and postfixes for a given domain

From: "Harbar, Spencer J." <spencer.harbar () dns co uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:24:52 +0100

www.netcraft.com

hth
s.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mads Rasmussen [mailto:mads () opencs com br]
Sent: 25 August 2004 20:44
To: Webappsec List
Subject: searching any possible pre and postfixes for a given domain

Is there a tool for this?

Let's say I have a site www.bank.com, I want to search for sites with
similar names like mine, this could be clone site or just someone riding
off my sites popularity.

How can I learn of sites with prefixes: *.bank and sites with postfixes:

bank.*

I tried the google "site:" function but you have to insert the pre or
postfixes yourself, google doesn't like wildcards :-) I thought that
maybe some spider could do that, someone has knowledge of any or how to
do it with other tools?

Regards,

--
Mads Rasmussen
Open Communications Security

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity () dns co uk