WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Summary: Growing Bad Practice with Login Forms

From: Jimi Thompson <jimit () myrealbox com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:12:16 -0500

<SNIP>

Both my bank and the stock trading company I use claim to use
"The best minds in the security industry"
</SNIP>

Funny, I haven't heard from them. Seriously, the folks that I've seen posting statements like this dreamed up some crap in a backroom that sounded good to the suits who generally have exactly 0, zip, nil, nada, NO understanding of the technical implications of what they are doing. In your case, I'd be moving my money somewhere that has a clue. If they aren't taking proper care of it via their web site, what else are they lax about that will be causing you problems later?

2 cents,

Jimi