WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP Web Site

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:50:43 -0400

As anyone who has followed OWASP for a while knows, the web site has
recently become a real challenge. I think we suffered from our own success
and updating content became a huge over-head and as a result never happened.
Also the hosting environment wasn't as stable as we need.

We have implemented a content management system called Magnolia
(www.magnolia.info) into the oPortal infrastructure which allows users to
edit all of the content online in a browser. As with many things we had to
work around the numerous security holes in then CMS first so is taken a
while.

This new CMS allows people to publish content online much like a Wiki.
People can create a page and send it for publication approval and then onto
automated publication each night. Life will be much easier, the quality of
content online will be much better and we can get on with important tasks
again. To get a new article online is now just a matter of cutting and
pasting it into an online form, to add a news story is the same. Individual
contributors can now update pages such as local chapter schedules etc.

Please be patient just a little longer while we get the content online and
into the new CMS. If there is anyone with a few days and would be interested
in adding text please let me know and I will get you an account.

We are also looking for a webmaster who will be responsible for content and
managing the CMS environment. If you have half a day a week (evenings is
fine) then let me know.