WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: OWASP Conference

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:48:14 -0400

Steve

This is the very first year we have run it so I am afraid no one will have
attended previously.

We are going to get the conference web pages online this weekend as we close
out some admin things. What I can tell you is there is a really impressive
list of speakers lined up including;

John Viega - Author of Building Secure Software
Denis Verdon - SVP of Fidelity National Financial (keynote address)
Dave Aitel - Author of SPIKE and CANVAS - Beyond Best Practices
Andreas Fuchsberger (Royal Holloway ISG, University of London) - Java Smart
Card Security (Topic TBC)
Jack Danahy - CEO Ounce Labs - Software Security Metrics
Kartik Trevidi - Foundstone - Web Hacking with the Google Web Services API

As well as speeches by the OWASP project leaders like Jeff Williams on "Real
World Input Validation", myself on "Security in the SDLC", Stan Guzik on
"Web Security and ISO17799", Dinis Cruz on "ASP.NET security", OWASP Testing
Framework etc.

This is small by comparison to some of the big conferences (we only have 300
spaces, less now) which means more interaction and more discussion about
real world application security. The theme is "cutting through the marketing
hype" which will give you a good sense of how people will be approaching
their speeches.

We are working on taking credit cards as we know that's an issue for some
but you can also send a check to the OWASP Foundation for registration.

I'll send a mail to the list when the conference pages are up.

Mark