WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Control of cookies???

From: m.delibero () comcast net
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:20:59 +0000

He can't use .htaccess because IIS doesn't support that.  There are a few ways however the most secure way was already
mentioned where you have the documents off of the web document root and request them through a page.

Another way is if only a certain set of user's will be accessing these documents you could setup NTLM for that folder
and allow only these users access to that folder.  You could also setup a login and then from there either save the
authenticated information in a cookie or a session, this is also probably the easiest to implement insecurely though.

Thanks,
Mike