WebApp Sec mailing list archives

WebScarab updated

From: Rogan Dawes <lists@NO_dawes.SPAM_za.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:02:40 +0100

Hi folks,

I just released a new version of WebScarab, with some useful updates.
You can get it from the OWASP download page at Sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=64424&package_id=61823

Most importantly, I found some code where WebScarab was deadlocking,
which resulted in a hang. This has been fixed. I'm not promising that
all hangs have been fixed, but at least one obvious one has been.

The most visible change is a checkbox on the "Summary" pane, which
allows the operator to filter the conversation list based on the
currently selected URL in the tree. This makes it easy to see which
conversations relate to a particular URL, and see the various parameters
that were passed to it.

As always, I am interested in bug reports, but more interested in bug
fixes ;-)

Regards,

Rogan

P.S. I have placed a useful proxy auto config script that allows the
tester to route only requests that match a specific URL pattern via
WebScarab, while routing other requests according to your preferences
(either via an upstream proxy or directly) at http://dawes.za.net/rogan/exodus/proxy.pac

--
Rogan Dawes
email: lists AT dawes DOT za DOT net

"Using encryption on the Internet is the equivalent of arranging an
armored car to deliver credit card information from someone living
in a cardboard box to someone living on a park bench."
- Gene Spafford