WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Web Application Stress Tools

From: "Lluis Mora" <llmora () sentryware com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:12:08 +0200

Hi Chris,

Although there are plenty of tools, I particularly like:

* Microsoft Web Stress Tool -
www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/intranet/downloads/webstres.asp
* Push2Test TestMaker - http://www.pushtotest.com/ptt
* WebStone - http://www.mindcraft.com/webstone/

All of them are free and have different pros and cons.

- If you are looking for an easy to use, I would definitively recommend you
give the Microsoft tool a try.
- The WebStone tool performance is higher than the other two although it is
complex to use and has less features (no HTTP/1.1 or SSL support last time I
checked).
- TestMaker is the most powerful of the three: easy to use, scriptable (via
jython) and with lots of features.

I hope this helps,

Lluis
.