WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: WebSleuth and the SQLInjeciton Plugin

From: "Chip Andrews" <chipandrews () usa net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:01:15 -0500

Phil,

Try running SQL Profiler at the same time you are implementing the plug-in.
By looking at the last statement issued, and then running it manually in the
Query Analyzer using the same credentials you provided to the plug-in you
should get a more detailed error message that may help you identify the
problem.

Also - make sure you have the application set to "SQL Server and Windows
Authentication".  Since the plug-in uses the 'sa' account to authenticate,
if your SQL Server is in "Windows Auth" mode then native SQL Server accounts
will not be able to authenticate.

Feel free to write me directly if you have further issues.

Chip Andrews
chip () sqlsecurity com
www.sqlsecurity.com