WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Paper of insecure in PHP... and doubt in SQL-Injection

From: "Kevin Spett" <kspett () spidynamics com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:03:02 -0500

The best paper on PHP security in general that I've seen is _A Study In
Scarlet_ (http://www.securereality.com.au/studyinscarlet.txt)

For general SQL injection instruction, I recommend my paper
(http://www.spidynamics.com/whitepapers/WhitepaperSQLInjection.pdf) and the
NGS paper written by Chris Anley
(www.nextgenss.com/papers/advanced_sql_injection.pdf ).

I think the requested properties error message indicates that the database
driver does not know how to handle the kind of result that the database
server returned.  This can be a problem when mixing driver and database
server vendors.  I don't know how to get around it offhand.  Perhaps someone
with more ADO experience can offer some ideas or clarifications.

Kevin Spett
SPI Labs
http://www.spidynamics.com/