WebApp Sec mailing list archives

SQL Injection Basics

From: raul.johhut () hushmail com
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 17:21:47 -0800

I am pen testing a webapp and am having some problems with SQL injection.

The app creates an ODBC error. Is this a garuntee of SQL Injection ?

If I use www.victim/test.asp?userid=sfdsd

the error is "inncorrect syntax near line 28 of test.asp" (or thats the English translation equiv in my case).

I know the database is called master, and has a table test. What is the syntax I should use ?

What are the best freeware and open source tools for testing SQL injection ? I tried WPosion which was OK.

I also tried WebSleuth (which seems to have gone from GPL to closed source commercial btw). Am I right is saying that
the SQL plugin has to connect directly to the database to work ? I can only see port 80 so don't think this will work ?

Thanks, Raul.

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: