Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Linux restricted ASCII Shellcode

From: notexist () nospam com
Date: 15 Apr 2007 17:58:19 -0000

Hi all,

I'm testing a simple stack overflow on an application with different filters. I'm exploiting it from the shell via
Perl. Different exploit techniques with normal shellcode works perfectly. The problem arises when I try "through" the
filter.
I need an ASCII Shellcode.The allowed "A-Z,a-z,0-9". I have tested many ASCII shellcodes found on the wild, all of them
didn't work. All the tested examples were in C style... Do I need to make some change to a C style shellcode to adapt
to Perl style?
Sorry for the inconvenience of such stupid question...