Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Fortigate Bypass

From: "Mario Platt" <mplatt () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:53:11 +0100

If the appliance is not designed to keep *real* traffic logged, I
don't mind if my router/firewall/gateway sees my traffic. What I do
mind, is people going totally against my security policy, by
establishing SSH connections through an SSL tunnel on 443. If you have
a few dozen workers, I don't think there's a problem in choosing and
analyzing some https websites, but if your gateway protects thousands
of users, this is quite impossible, or you have the best and bigger
helpdesk team in the world ;)

just my 2 cents