Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

WMF SETABORTPROC exploit

From: SanjayR <sanjayr () intoto com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:14:43 +0530

Hi Moore et al (and All):
I was trying to understand the wmf setabortproc exploit code. I got confused over one point. In the code, under the point "StandardMetaRecord - Escape()", you have given the value of WORD function as 0x0026 and other possible values can be (according to the code) 0x0626, 0xff26 etc. And the value of the parameter is 9, which is call to SETABORTPROC. But, instead of finding these definitions in WINDOWS.H, as stated in the code, I found them in wingdi.h. Now my question is, from where I can get the other values of escape functions (like those stated by you)? In wingdi.h, i got only 0x0626. Please any clue from anybody will be appreciated.

Regards
Sanjay

Sanjay Rawat

Senior Software Engineer
INTOTO Software (India) Private Limited
Uma Plaza, Above HSBC Bank, Nagarjuna Hills
PunjaGutta,Hyderabad 500082 | India
Office: + 91 40 23358927/28 Extn 422
Website : www.intoto.com
  Homepage: http://sanjay-rawat.tripod.com