Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Re: Automatic MIME type detection in Internet Explorer 6.x allowed

From: none () none com
Date: 10 Aug 2006 05:59:06 -0000

This was actually patched a while ago by Microsoft to the best of my knowlege(I tested it). However, this may be a tad
different. In older versions it was possible to upload image files to say a message board or whatever say an avatar.
But by placing javascript in any file with a .jpg extension made IE execute the javascript. This went public a few
years ago I beleive and was only fixed a month or so ago.