Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Scanner

From: Alexander Chamandy <envescent () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:23:32 -0500

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:42:24 -0800, Vicky Rode <vicky.rode () gmail com> wrote:
Hi there,

Just wondering if there is any way I could use a scanner (I have a home
grown script for this) that would go thru the DNS registries from some
public source, scan for keywords in the domain name.

Will appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

regards,
/vicky

You mean to scan whois records for particular domains for keywords in
the registration information or scan the registry for domain names
with certain keywords?  This wouldn't be used for gathering
information such as e-mail addresses to spam, would it?

--
Best wishes,
Alexander G. Chamandy