Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Call for Papers : PAKCON II

From: "[fz]" <fz () pakcon org>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:55:15 +0500

[ CALL FOR PAPERS ]

Papers and presentations are now being accepted for PAKCON II, Pakistan's
Underground Hacking Convention.

WHAT:  PAKCON II Call for Papers.

WHEN:  Starting today, 17 April, 2005, and closing on 15 August, 2005.

WHO:  If you want to speak at PAKCON, you know who you are.

HOW:  If you think you have the galls to speak at PAKCON and have an
interesting paper to go along with, piece together the following
instructions to express your desire to speak:

    E-mail:  PAKCON CfP <cfp () pakcon org>

    Submission ends:  15 August, 2005

    Write an abstract, minimum 1-page long, of your paper and send it in.

    File-formats accepted:  plain-text, pdf, LaTeX, doc, abw, html, tf, sxw,
sdw.

Yes!  PAKCON is back with a bang.  PAKCON is Pakistan's Hacking Convention.
And this year, PAKCON will take place sometime in October, in Karachi,
Pakistan.

Call for papers to be presented at PAKCON II is now officially open.

Unlike last year, requests to present papers at PAKCON will be accepted more
liberally this year.  However, certain topics will still be given preference
over certain other topics.  By being liberal, we plan to increase the number
of speakers who will speak at PAKCON, all the while striving to maintain the
quality of papers and talks presented.

[ TOPICS ]

Topics for papers can be any of these or possibly anything else not way too
off-topic:

* Information Security
* Network and Vulnerability Analysis
* Penetration Testing
* Firewall Technologies
* Intrusion Detection and Prevention Technologies
* Denial-Of-Service Attacks and Countermeasures
* Encryption Technologies
* Honeypots/Honeynets
* (0) Zero-day Attacks
* Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
* Electronic Crimes Law
* GPRS and CDMA Security
* Phreaking
* Access Control and Authentication
* Viruses, Worms, and Trojans
* Wireless LAN and Bluetooth Security
* Malicious Code Analysis
* Analysis of Attacks against Networks and Machines
* OS Hardening
* File System Security
* Security in Heterogeneous and large-scale Environments
* Techniques for Developing Secure Systems
* Writing Secure Code
* Secure Application Development

[ TIMING ]

Each speaker will be allotted a time slot of 1-hour including a 10-minute
question-and-answer session.  If a presentation requires more time, the
speaker should inform the organizers beforehand.

[ RESOURCES ]

Any additional presentational requirements should be communicated well in
advance to the organizers.  Speakers will be provided a microphone, a laptop
on which their presentations will have been saved and loaded, a multi-media
projector and a reasonably large projector screen.

[ SPEAKERS FROM OUTSIDE OF KARACHI ]

We will not pay speakers anything for their talks at PAKCON.  However, if
you are flying in to Karachi from somewhere to present your paper, we will
gladly provide accommodation. We might be able to cover your traveling
expenses as well, but only if you let us know in advance.  If you are
visiting Karachi to speak at PAKCON, immediately write to us at:

    PAKCON Outside-Speakers <cfp () pakcon org>

[ SO ]

What are you waiting for?  Finish that cup of whatisit you're drinking and
prepare a paper and submit it to PAKCON.  ;^)

[ MORE INFORMATION ]

Please visit http://www.pakcon.org/ for detailed information regarding
speakers and accepted papers. Updated announcements will be posted to
newsgroups, security mailing lists and this web site.

[fz]