Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

DHCPing 0.90

From: Gregory Duchemin <c3rb3r () sympatico ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:43:21 -0700

Hello,
DHCPing 0.90 (Unix) is available at http://dhcping.openwall.net.
It should be of a great help during your dhcp(d) security audits providing a lot of options to create custom (in)valid dhcp/bootp traffic a la Hping. Also it features several exploits for the latest Isc Infoblox and Dlink vulnerabilities i have recently reported to Bugtraq. Some other implementation bugs along with some generic attacks have been added. Note all these flaws were discovered using DHCPing, most of them during its very first development stage
so i expect several other problems to show up soon.
I would particularly appreciate feedback for unexplored implementations like linksys, netgear, ... so if you have such routers/fw, please share your findings that i can keep the vulnerability table, available on the website, up to date. DHCPing has been written in Perl, look at the downloads section on the website for more informations before installing it. I take this opportunity to thank Solar Designer who has kindly provided DHCPing with a host.
Peace,
Gregory