Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Object Data IE Exploit

From: Pedro Jota Calvorota <calvorota () ya com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:39:46 +0200

Im triying to reproduce the object data exploit in IE discovered in august by eeye in my own machine, I get to do it adding this in the first line of the exploit file (cmd.php):

<?php header("Content-type: application/hta"); ?>

and, as you know, calling the file like this:
<object style="display:none" data="cmd.php">
</object>

My question is: Is there another way to modify the content-type header? I know there are some examples where the files are not php files. Is this way that I "invented" to reprododce the exploit perfecly valid?

Thanks.