Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ms03-043 questions

From: Adik <netninja () hotmail kg>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 02:29:19 +0600

Hello wirepair,

Monday, November 3, 2003, 9:12:54 AM, you wrote:

w> lo all,
w> I was just curious if anyone has been able to get this to execute code. I've been playing with it the last couple of
days and I've
w>   only managed to get invalid read attempts. I've narrowed it down to requiring at least 584 0x14 characters (a
length of 3992
w> appears
w>   to be required to cause the exception). Placement within the buffer of the 0x14 characters does not seem to
matter. Thanks for
w> any
w> information you can provide.
w> -wire
w> --
w> Visit Things From Another World for the best
w> comics, movies, toys, collectibles and more.
w> http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf

my exploit for MS03-043 takes advantage of global SEH. I overwrote it
with a pointer to my shellcode. make sure ur message body size is
somewhere around 3656. works fine for win2k and winxp. btw u need to
send packet 2 times on win2k, on winxp access violation exception is triggered
only with 1 packet send. my exploit executes successfully but its not
100% reliable. try experimenting with message size. u might get
different results

--
Best regards,
 Adik                            mailto:netninja () hotmail kg