Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: openbsd 3.4 ps bug

From: "Dom De Vitto" <dom () DeVitto com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:59:41 -0000

I personally think it's interesting that ps does not appear to be
well formed (as other, setuid/gid) processes could share this issue,
however Kurt's point is valid - if there is no elevation of privilege,
this is not a 'security bug'.

Dom
Dom De Vitto                                       Tel. 07855 805 271
http://www.devitto.com                         mailto:dom () devitto com