Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

New mac-10.3 vulnerable to a fork bomb

From: "Ben Greenberg" <benfallout2 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:41:35 -0500

I have developed a small but effecteive local DoS fork bomb, which through a shell script creates folders within folders, then moves itself to the new folder, worming throughout the hard drive. eventually the computer is overloaded with crashes, and the fork service fails. I was hoping I could have some help developing this(note: this isnt the exact script, just what i remember from it. it was originally more complicated and travelled around the HD a lot more):
crashing.sh
$i=$i+1
echo crashing
mkdir $i