Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: mpg123 segfault

From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht () suse de>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:01:42 +0100 (MET)

[argv@jaskinia argv]$ export HTTP_PROXY=`perl -e 'print "A"x20000'`

[...]

Is it something new?

At least to me it is. However, since it is yourself who provided the
environment variable, it is also your problem. Since no external input is
responsible for the crash, it should not be security related.

I cannot reproduce the crash with 0.59s-mh4 and 0.59r on SuSE Linux.

Roman.
--
| Roman Drahtmüller      <draht () suse de> // "You don't need eyes to see, |