Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Access 97 MDW files

From: "Charles N Wyble" <jackshck () thewybles com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know if there is a document that describes the
algorithm used to scramble the password found in Microsoft Access
MDW files?  I've tried my luck with the archives here, and on
Google, and I don't believe that this is a topic that has been
discussed.

Does anyone have information that they can share to help the
progression of this train of thought, or documentation to point
me
in the right direction?

Check out this link
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2407819&forum_id=5183

It is from the Mailing list archive of the MDBTools project. This
is an open source library to read access files. See mdbtools.sf.net
for more info.

Charles Wyble