Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Research on Source Code Review -C

From: "Nicole Nicholson" <nanicholson () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 06:41:42 -0700

Dwar-

I don't know if you have looked at any of these sites. They actually contain tools & publications for source code analysis and review. You may be able to use some of their literature and/or documentation to develop a set of guidelines.

http://www.cenzic.com/
http://www.cigital.com/
http://www.dwheeler.com/flawfinder/
http://www.securesoftware.com/

Cheers.

-Nicole

<snip>

Am looking to develop source code review guidelines for code written in
c/c++. I have found a few documents on the net but nothing that could be
really followed along to do source code review. I also wanted to know what
people in the field are actually doing and also if they could provide
first hand experience as to what all they look for and how.