Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Shellcode from ASCII

From: Jose Ronnick <matrix () phiral com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:56:55 -0700

Also, check out http://www.phiral.com/research/dissembler.html

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:47:44 +0200
"Berend-Jan Wever" <SkyLined () edup tudelft nl> wrote:

Yeah, I am writing a shellcode encoder that does just that, first tests
proved it worked. The result will be twice as big as the origional shellcode
and a ~150 bytes decoder has to be added.
It's very beta atm. so I'm not sharing the code yet... I'll post something
when I'm done testing. Let me know if you're interested in working with me
on this.

Also there was an article in phrack about this:
http://www.phrack.org/show.php?p=57&a=15
It's a very usefull resource and includes source for a program that can
encode your shellcode too.

Berend-Jan Wever