Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: freeconsole()

From: Oscar Gallego Sendín <ogs () robota net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:20:17 +0100

I am using a basic reverse shell written in C as part of an html based
exploit recently revealed by malware.com. it uses WSAStartup() and
CreateProcess(). I'm looking for a way to hide the console created by
CreateProcess. I've tried freeconsole() with no params as suggested by
some
sources, however this does not work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Try to add this values into your startupinfo struct:

si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW ;
si.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE ;

Also, look for info on CreateProcess. There are flags like:

DETACHED_PROCESS
CREATE_NO_WINDOW

This values, when combined, should hide the console
window and also GUI windows... So you can execute, for
instance, a hidden calc.exe

Good luck
--
Oscar Gallego Sendin