Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Windows XP mmc.exe Crash

From: "aT4r InsaN3" <at4r () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:35:29 +0200

I found a way to crash mmc.exe in my windowsxp profesional SP1 b0x maybe others systems afected. I dont know if this can be used to execute code so please take a look.

steps:
first, execute Control Pannel / Administrative Tools / Computer Managment or just type into cmd.exe "%SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s"

then right click and select connect to remote computer, an type at least 100chars ( AAAAAAAAAAAAA.. ) mmc.exe will warn you that the remote computer \\AAAAAAAAAA.... was not found. Now, right click again and select propierties.

mmc.exe crash.

aT4r [at] 3wdesign.es Security (c)

Multiplica por cinco el tamaño de tu buzón de correo y envía adjuntos de hasta 2 Mb con MSN Almacenamiento Extra. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=es-es