Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Jump back to shellcode Windows overflow

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:45:52 -0700

How about just a short or near jmp? How many bytes between where EIP lands and your shellcode? I.E. jmp -128 or something? EB 80, I think.

                                                BB

chaboyd77 () yahoo com wrote:

I'm practicing developing Windows Buffer Overflows and

have run into a slight snag.  When I overwrite EIP with

the address of "jmp ESP" I land below my shellcode instead

of where the top of the stack used to be:

[NOP's........Shellcode...EIP..*<-code jumps here**]