Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

connect-back win32 shellcode

From: "wirepair" <wirepair () roguemail net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:10:56 -0700

lo all, So I've decided to take the dive into writing windows based (memory) exploits *shudders*, I'm having some serious complications regarding shellcode and well, how to go about writing it. Is there some solid documentation on the function of LoadLibraryA/GetProcAddress handlers/functions? Also if anyone has a good disassembly of any of the connected back shellcodes (Dark Spyrit:null.printer/David Litchfield's:sql hello) I would appreciate getting my hands on them. Most of the NT Overflow papers I see are based on old versions of windows (nt4) or the examples are completely outdated. It seems that most of these papers do not give a good explanation of the importance of the LoadLibraryA/GetProcAddress calls. Maybe I am missing something, probably am... This is not as easy as unix land and for someone who codes only in *nix environments, I'm finding Windows API's well, terrifying.
 Thanks for any information,
-wire
For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf>