Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Covert Channels

From: Chris Reining <creining () packetfu org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:29:44 -0500

A covert comm channel utilizing SAdoor is something you might want to
look into. You run SAdoor server on your owned box, which pcap filters
(non-listening mode, won't show up in a port scan for ex) looking for a
particular sequence of tcp packets. This sequence can consist of the
ports and tcp flags of your choosing and come from spoofed addresses.
When this initial sequence is completed successfully by running the
SAdoor client, the server will listen for the right combination of src
address, tcp flag, and port for the command that is to be executed. The
SAdoor client and server communicate using libblowfish by default.

http://cmn.listprojects.darklab.org/

Chris

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:08:49 -0700