Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: UserID and hashed password for Lotus Domino

From: "gpedone77" <gpedone77 () yahoo it>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:30:30 +0200

For the UserID file you can use ID Password Recovery
(http://www.cqure.net/tools04.html) and for the HTTP hash
Domino Hash Breaker (http://www.securiteinfo.com/download/dhb.zip)
This 2 tools work only in dictionary attack.

well... now this is strange....
Here is what I did.

The hashed ID password I recovered from the Internet is my dad's one (my dad
works at this company), so I asked my dad his password and put it into a
dictionary file.
I ran the Hash Breaker but it didnt produce any result.

Then I did another try with the userID. I asked my dad for his UserID
file... I then put his clear password into the dictionary file again, and
finally I ran ID Password Recovery...
It didnt' produce any result.

What I did wrong?

Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/