Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: "Duffy, Shawn" <SDuffy () NCIINC com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:25:32 -0400

Checking into it may be a legality problem.  For those of you
interested in trying this one out at your local BestBuy, be aware
they may already know...

Anyway, at this point, I suggest you contact local law enforcement
and ask them what they think.  By now, I would hope most areas have a
network tasks forces that can at least address the issue either for
you or with you when you  confront BestBuy.  Who knows, you may be a
hero and hire you as a CSO ;-)

Also, I wouldn't doddle on this, you may prevent an identity theft!

Shawn.