Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PDF modifications?

From: Sumit Dhar <dhar () dexponet com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:36:06 -0400 (EDT)

PDF encryption is a joke, xpdf/etc will bypass it most trivially. Adobe
makes some tools to modify PDF's and then there's also emacs or your text
editor of choice.

I am not sure we are on the same page here.. but are you telling me that
a document that is password protected (for printing/text extraction etc)
is not really that secure. Or are you talking about some other encryption.

I had performed an intensive search on google to locate ways of
bypassing that protection, and found.. well nothing.

But if we are on the same page, which tools can I use to read password
protected documents. I wasn't able to use xpdf to do the same.

Regards,
Dhar