Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Statement on "Re: New Binary Bruteforcing Method Discovered"

From: pr0ix <pr0ix () def-con org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:07:22 +0100 (CET)

[Moderator: I would greatly appreciate if you could post this. Thank you!]

I feel compelled to post just a short note about this thread. I'd like
to state that I have not authored this thread and have nothing
to do with "super-fuzz". Someone fraudulently and inapproriately
is posting here as "pr0ix", trying to make fun of people while
turning this list into a joke. I believe this is a serious
list and spoofed and bogus posts shouldn't be allowed. Anyone
who knows me knows I never used a hushmail account.

Besides that, a more technical comment related to security:
it's true that I'm closely affiliated with hack.co.za and
in that position I view the recent activities of anti-security
groups including a very popular one who released at least 8
private serious remote exploits in the last 3 months, as a
strategy aimed at decreasing security and sending bogus
advisories, code and / or fake information to mailing lists
such as bugtraq and this one (this strategy was discussed in
el8 magazine issue 0x2)... with respect to the authors rights
of private proprietary code I won't release any details here.

However, there's an elf-infecting virus out, contained in
many so-called self-encrypted binary exploits, which will
notify a certain group and give them root access to machines
where exploits are run as root. The personal skill level
of a person doesn't matter, but in any case I am against
such childish and in other cases possibly criminal strategies
to try and subvert the security scene and the "underground".

pr0ix () def-con org