Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Phone Switches + telephone banking etc

From: "Kit" <kit () smallfoxx com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:58:43 -0500

more importantly, there are VoIP servers which do the key logging of
internal phone systems and many of these are turn-key based servers that are
running on Win2k.  Many of the net phone admin's I've worked with aren't
very savvy on system administration and don't know how to properly secure
the system.  I've had to go in and remove the appropriate access afterwards,
but from what I've talked to in the past, many implementers don't have
someone knowledgable in windows to properly secure the systems and rely on
how they come from the factory.  Which isn't allows much more secure than
how the OS comes from windows.  It is very scarey.

-K