Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Apache Exploit

From: T0aD <toad () skreel org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:45:41 +0200

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:57:41 -0400 (EDT)
David Bernick <bernz () alpha bernztech org> wrote:

In one case (the RH box), it looked like a TCP lockup condition. The thing
just stopped responding to outside stimuli, and right after that, inputs
via the local keyboard stopped as well. I haven't had time to dig into it
further.

I've tested the Gobbles 'sploit against the following machines/platforms:
1. RH Linux 6.1 w Apache 1.2.x PIII 512MB
2. RH Linux 7.2 w Apache 1.3.24 PIII 512MB
3. RH Linux 7.2 w/Tux Webserver PII 128MB
4. RH Linux 7.2 w Apache 1.3.26 DualPIII 1GB
5. RH Liunx 6.1 w Apache 1.3.14 on an Alpha processor 512MB

After 1 full day of running the gobbles code in Brute Force mode, I've
found that the Tux server wouldn't even accept the Chunked encoding so
that seems to pose no threat.
On server 1,2 and 5, I have yet to spawn a rootshell, but a single client
takes up considerable resources on the target machine.

You think thats a linux shellcode you're using ?!

-- toad