Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....

From: Peter Tonoli <anarchie () metaverse org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:11:02 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, anon wrote:

I've got hold of a copy of the DirectX 9 SDK beta. It comes with the interesting warning:

This beta version expires on Aug 20, 2002.
You will need to reinstall Windows if you do not
have a valid DX9 ID & password to download Beta 2

This has been going on for a long, long time. The beta for MS-DOS 5 would
expire and if you didn't upgrade to a release version, the system would be
unworkable (I seem to remember 'dir' showing up garbage).

Anarch.