Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

This is not a BUG but an Issue in MS02-18: Why Ms02-18 " Q319733_W2K_SP3_X86_EN.exe" contain one file that belong to IIS 4.0 ?

From: "Adonis.No.Spam" <adonis1 () videotron ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:45:27 -0400

HI

Another suggestion about MS02-18 why "Q319733_W2K_SP3_X86_EN.exe" it does
contain some files that belong to IIS4.0 ?
The file Q319733_W2K_SP3_X86_EN.exe suppose to fix only IIS5.0 problem
right.

fp4autl.dll  <-- Why IIS4 file is located inside IIS 5 hotfix?
Version: 4.0.2.4701
MD5: C1618B054C8F1BD92694F962352CD2BF

I have done a nice Map that may help someone understanding more the Hotfixes
relations and what files/version what affected. If you like to take a look
you can find it at :
http://www.safehack.com/Textware/2KHFMap/2KHF02/index.html (Most recent
hotfixes MS02)
http://www.safehack.com/Textware/2KHFMap/2KHF01/index.html
http://www.safehack.com/Textware/2KHFMap/2KHF00/index.html

Thanks
Note: The same mail was sent to Microsoft too.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing
that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. --Socrates
The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location... and i'm
not even too sure about that one"--Dennis Huges, FBI.
Live Well Do Good  www.SafeHack.com                         |
Je Pense, Donc Je Suis                                    \(|)/
|  -\<,                                             Adonis /`\ NtWaK0
|  0/ 0 Wait I am getting their... -:)
-=- Use a computer in a ways that ensure respect for your fellow     -=-