Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Arcserve

From: quentyn () fotango com
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:22:20 +0100

Sorry for the vagueness of this post,

has anyone seen this activity with arcserve ( at least I presume that it
is arcserve - I don't and have never used it )

I have a box (Win NT4) that I have no physical access to which is
listening on port 6050 TCP. This is identified as arcserve in
/etc/services.

if you connect to this port with netcat you see

10.0.0.5 6050 (?) open

cc`hC:\E:\G:\

Sent 10,rcvd 100

connection closes

is this the default behaviour of arcserve ? should it be displaying the
drives avalible ?

--
Quentyn Taylor