Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement]

From: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc () science org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:10:16 -1000

You need to read the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

Cox has no choice but to comply with the MPAA/copyright.org
demand for decisive action to stop the distribution of the
allegedly-pirated intellectual property. There's no way that
Cox can be said to have violated privacy in this situation
unless they gave out the identity of the accused without a
court order compelling the release of that information.

http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/hr2281.pdf

Also look here:

http://www.loc.gov/copyright/onlinesp/