Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: texis(CGI) Path Disclosure Vulnerability

From: zeno <bugtraq () cgisecurity net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:34:18 -0500 (EST)

Advisory:      texis(CGI) Path Disclosure Vulnerability
Application:   Thunderstone's texis(CGI)
Release Date:  02.05.02
Severity:      Any user can send an invalid path to texis(CGI)
            causing it to reveal the full path to the webroot.
               In some cases texis will display system specific
               information(OS, processor type).
Vendor Status: ThunderStone was contacted and has not responded since Jan.29.02

I was also non related working on this problem. Another thing to add is that
if you add a extention of .txt to the end of a filename it displays
the file in txt format rather then html.

http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/.txt

Trying 205.181.112.68...
Connected to hotfiles.zdnet.com.
Escape character is '^]'.