Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: OE6 + VBS + WSH + WIN200 + XP + HTML.DROPPER

From: "Astalavista Security Group | Ivan Schmid" <ivan.schmid () schweiz org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:57:03 +0200

confirmed working on
==========
German Windows2000 5.00.2195
German IE 6.00.2462.2195
OE6 6.00.2462.0000

With Interscan
==========
Sender, InterScan has detected virus(es)
( EMail_Flaw_MIME_Tag_Overflow ) in your e-mail attachment. (file:
suspicious long filename tag)

Ivan Schmid
----
Network Security Engineer
Astalavista Group, http://www.astalavista.NET

confirmed working on

English Win98SE 4.10.2222 A
IE6 6.0.2600.0000 (i like the 2600 part)
OE6  6.0.2600.0000

all 98 hitfixes applied, fresh IE6 install.

A side note, i installed IE6 and deselected a few things like VBscript and
media player. Doing my usual surfing up came dialogs that i 'had to
iunstall
vbscripting and media player' all the time... so in the end i just went
with
it. Thats kinda stupid aint it? the pages i frequent worked fine without
these add-ons earlier, but with IE6 no go.

too bad..