Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: pop3 exploit????

From: dan.ellis () sophos com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:22:36 +0100

On 10/15/2001 02:09:41 PM "John Thornton" wrote:

With that said, one of the things that I do as a Network Administrator is
nslookup on each address that scans my network. This will tell you a lot
about who is attacking you.

Of course, don't trust that information without either checking the forward
resolution matches, or looking up the address at the appropriate registry
(ARIN/RIPE/APNIC).

--
Dan Ellis, Software Engineer                              Sophos Anti-Virus
email: dan.ellis () sophos com                           http://www.sophos.com