Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Apache HTTPD's magical behavior

From: Ryan Yagatich <ryany () procyon pantek com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:55:41 -0500 (EST)

Russell:
        I'm sorry if there is any confusion, however these 2 URL's are
different. backbone.sourceforge.com is redirected to 'sourceforge.net'and
backbone.sourceforge.net has directory browsing available anyways. by
attempting to access: backbone.sourceforge.com/mrtg-2.8.12/ I get a 404.
when trying to access backbone.sourceforge.net/mrtg-2.8.12/ I show up with
"Index of...."

when attempting to add .. to the directory, obviously i get
backbone.sourceforge.net's directory because its browseable anyways.

Could you please explain further on any other findings?

Thanks,
Ryan Yagatich