Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Crack Office XP

From: "Pedro Hugo" <fractalg () highspeedweb net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:42:43 +0100

Hi,
For what I know there are different serials for different stuff.
The serial that was released in the warez world allows to bypass the
internet checking everyone was talking about (that thing of logging into
the ms server to register and activate the product).
For what I know it works :)

Nicolás Gómez wrote:

I went to the launching of the Office XP... in the entering of the
Ballroom they bring to you a bag with some products....One of them was

a Office XP trial for 30 days

if someone has that crack or has some place to search for it, i'd
appreciate it

Several people have already replied that "this is the wrong list",
or "go buy the software".  Including one guy who made that comment, and
then included a serial number.  Go figure.

Anyway, I let it through because there have been news stories that it
has been cracked, and MS denies it.  I was hoping for an answer. Second,
I was hoping for a discussion of how the copy protection
in XP products works.  Yes, it's a bit off-topic for vuln-dev, and I
usually toss such queries.  However, this is going to affect a
lot more people, and I think it's also going to touch on privacy issues.

If folks really don't want to see it, mail me, and I'll kill the thread.

                                        BB